[Shyam Steel Industries Limited]
” or “we
” or “our
” or “us
”) is a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 and having its registered office at Premises No. 03-319, DH-6/11, Action Area 1D, Street No. 319, New Town, Kolkata 700156, India. We own and operate [https://shop.shyamsteel.com/] and any other mobile application, if any (“e-Portal
”) provided by the Company. The Company respect the privacy of everyone who visits the e-Portal and is committed to providing the highest level of protection regarding the processing of all visitors to the e-Portal including clients’/customers’ personal data based on applicable laws.
- Information we may process (“Personal Data” or “Information”)
: It includes your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, date of birth, credit card or debit card or other payment details, bank account number, financial information and any other details that may be requested by Company from time to time.
: Information (viz. type of internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the e-Portal from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed etc.) including information received from third parties and information collected through use of Company’s e-Portal, cookies or other similar tools, may be picked up automatically and without being explicitly provided by you, but during your interaction with the e-Portal.
- Collection and retention of Information
We collect Personal Data to provide better experience and Services to all our visitors. Your Personal Data processed by the Company are kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data are processed in line with legal, regulatory or statutory obligations. At the expiry of such periods, your Personal Data will be deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations or in accordance with applicable statutory limitation periods. We collect the following information of visitors:
- When browsing on the e-Portal, the visitor may be required to provide the Information even if you choose not to make an account.
- When you create your account, you provide your ‘personal information’ including name, address, mailing address, telephone number, email address and other financial and personal information. We also collect and store content you create, and content or document you upload.
- We also collect information about the browser, applications, and devices you use.
- We use analytic and reporting technologies to record non-personal Information such as internet domain and host names, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software, operating system types, clickstream patterns, and the dates and times that the e-Portal and Company Services are accessed.
- When you use our Services, we can also collect information about your location, which can be determined by, among others, through GPS. The types of location data we collect depend in part on your device and accounts settings.
- We also contract with several online partners to help manage, monitor and optimize our e-Portal and Company Services and to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications and how visitors use the e-Portal. We may use web beacons and cookies for the same.
- Use of Information
We use your Information or Personal Data (intended purposes):
- To provide our Services, enable you to purchase products from the e-Portal, process applications for products and services, carrying out the transactions you have requested for, enabling you to use the e-Portal and provide you information about our products and resolving glitches on the e-Portal including addressing any technical problem.
- To maintain and improve our Services such as navigating the e-Portal and carrying out a transaction on the e-Portal.
- To use Personal Data for analytics and measurement to understand the visitor.
- For enabling payments and fund transfers with other financial institution.
- For generating your profile/ account on the e-Portal.
- To improve our e-Portal’s usability, to monitor and improving our e-Portal and its content and to evaluate the success of marketing campaigns and other activities.
- To communicate or interact with you through e-mail address and contact number.
- Improve the safety and reliability of our Services.
- To prevent fraud and misuse.
- To protect our and other participants interests.
- For enforcing our rights against you or any third party and to establish, exercise or defend legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
- For internal business purpose, such as data analysis, research, developing new features, enhancing and improving the experience, identifying usage trends, etc.
- To use and share your non- personal information with third parties with whom we have contractual relationship. For example, we may provide you with a link where you may share your content with another person.
- To track your activity on our e-Portal and personalize and improve your experience.
- To further share your personal information with marketing agencies and other businesses if we in our sole discretion understand that your information may be used to market the e-Portal or a product or service.
- To comply with applicable local or foreign law, regulation, policy, voluntary codes, directive, judgement or court order, as well as any contractual obligation pursuant to agreements between the Company and any authority, regulator or enforcement agency or body or any request coming from said entities.
- For using cookies and beacons, tags and scripts to analyse trends, administer the e-Portal and track the visitor movement around the e-Portal, including gathering demographic information about our visitor base. Cookies are also used for statistical data, such as pages frequently visited, what is downloaded and address of sites visited immediately after coming to our e-Portal.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Information
- Disclosure to successors: We may disclose your Information to any successor-in-interest of ours, such as a company that acquires us. In the event Company goes through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by or with another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email or by a notice on our e-Portal of any such change in ownership or control of your Information.
- Disclosure to third party service providers and online partners: We may contract with various third parties who help us provide, maintain and improve the e-Portal and the Company Services. We also contract with several online partners to help manage, monitor and optimize our e-Portal and the Company Services and to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications and how visitors use the e-Portal. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Information, except for the purpose of providing Services in question. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your Information. In no circumstances, Company shall disclose data in relation to your personal identification numbers, passwords, code numbers, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, expiry dates, CVV numbers, encryptions, cookies and other such electronic details.
- Disclosure of non-personal Information: We will disclose non-personal Information, in aggregate form, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, customers, and others. You may opt-out of the sharing of this information by mailing the grievance redressal officer. However, it cannot be easily used to identify you personally.
- Disclosure pursuant to legal requests and regulatory requirements: We may also share information to comply with, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; or for the purposes of limiting fraud; or in connection with an audit or the sale of Company to a third party.
- Access and control of Personal Data
Subject to applicable law, regulations and/or industry guidelines, you may have the right to invoke a data subject right in relation to your personal data being processed by the Company. The Company may be allowed by law, in particular in case of excessive or manifestly unfounded request, to charge a fee for fulfilling your request, subject to applicable conditions.
- Security and protection of Information
- We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, procedural and managerial procedures to safeguard your information against loss, unauthorized access, misuse or modification.
- We require any third parties processing your information to implement the same levels of protection with respect to your data. We strive to use commercially acceptable means for protecting your information. However, we are not insurers of the security of your Personal Information. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
- We store data in password-protected servers with limited access to the employees and other personnel consultants on a need to know basis.
- In order to make every effort to ensure that the visitor’s experience at the e-Portal is secure, Company uses encryption technology to protect the visitor against the loss, misuse or alteration of the personal Information. Your payment information such as your credit card/ debit card number, credit card/ debit card expiry date, your cvv number, etc. are protected through the use of encryption technology.
- Access to your online account on the e-Portal is password protected, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that password. To ensure the safety of your personal information, you are advised against sharing your user name and password with anyone.
- Company stores and process all data relating to its activities and participants on hardware located within India.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers with small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the e-Portal that you visit and are stored on your computer, mobile, tablet or any other gadget which will help the e-Portal to recognise your device the next time you visit. Please note, a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer. Our e-Portal uses these cookies to collect information and to improve our Service. You can accept the cookies to be placed on your browser by clicking on the ‘Allow Cookies’or ‘I Agree’ button. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. If you select Allow Cookies or I Agree as mentioned above, at any time you also have the option to change/control your cookies through your browser settings.
- Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall personal information previously indicated by you. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of the e-Portal.
- Other e-Portal may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you, for which we shall not be held responsible or liable. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all external sites.
- You can control whether to accept cookies or not. If you decide to not accept cookies, some features and services on our e-Portal will not function properly. If you would prefer not to accept cookies you can either: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or (ii) set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies. You can manage cookies in the privacy settings of the web browser you are using. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our or others’ websites.
- Social Media
The Company operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media platforms to inform, assist and engage with employees, vendors and clients/customers. The Company monitors and records comments and posts made on these platforms about the Company in order to improve its products and services. Please note that you must not communicate to the Company through such social media platforms the following information:
- confidential personal data, including any information regarding your financial situation, bank account details, transactions, etc.
- sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number; and
- excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals.
The Company is not responsible for any information posted on those platforms other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. The Company is only responsible for its own use of the Personal Data received through such platforms.
- Review and update
You can access the Personal Information you have provided to us by logging into your account. You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to update your password, email, address, phone number or bank account information at any time. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
We will retain your information for a minimum of 7 (seven) years and as long as needed to provide you Services, comply with our legal obligation, resolve disputes, conduct analysis, audits, or to enforce our agreements or as otherwise required by law.
- Third-party links
The e-Portal may contain certain advertisements/hyperlinks to other websites, applications, content or resources. However, we do not have any control over such websites, their privacy practices or the content of the links, and therefore we have no responsibility or liability for the manner, in which these organizations that operate such websites/links may collect, use or disclose, secure and otherwise treat your Personal Information. These links to third party websites are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you may access them at your own risk. We shall in no way be responsible or liable for any loss or damage, which you may incur in dealing with third party websites/links that are linked to our e-Portal.
- Opt Out
In case you have provided us with your e-mail or any other contact details on our e-Portal or otherwise, we may send you notifications regarding certain promotions, or regarding the Services being availed by you, etc. However, in case you wish to stop receiving them, we provide you with an option to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general by emailing us at email@example.com
- Grievance Redressal
- Grievance Redressal Officer Name: Mr. Vinod Jain
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact number: 9903944020